Headquarter Location: Vancouver, BC
Role Location: Remote within Canada
We’re actively looking for an Accounting Manager, Operations to join our Finance team in our fast growing decision analytics computer software company based out of Vancouver, BC. You will be responsible for the technical accounting aspects of our Finance department and help to build new processes and frameworks as we grow. Copperleaf is expanding and this is a great opportunity to learn and gain exposure to different areas within finance. We are looking for someone who enjoys working in a dynamic, changing environment and taking on new challenges!
The Accounting Manager will support the Controller in delivering a customer service-oriented department that is high functioning, efficient, accurate and scalable to Copperleaf’s internal and external customers, while ensuring the productivity of day-to-day and year end activities of accounts payable, accounts receivable and expenses. This role is integral to the success of the team, being a key player in enhancing reporting timeliness and transparency to support decision-making.
- Provide leadership and support to other team members in all matters of full-cycle accounting
- Ensure monthly deadlines are met
- Support the team in professional development and growth
- Liaise with internal customers and external customers
- Support the team in maintaining internal controls and processes to improve accuracy, efficiency, and consistency
- Review and approve AP, AR and Expense transactions for accuracy
- Support Operations team in scaling and evolution of processes including implementation of new technology
- SME for Accounting software – Netsuite and Concur
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting and/or Finance
- You are a Designated CPA
- You have 3+ years of progressive accounting experience
- You have IFRS or US GAAP experience
- You have experience leading a team
- You have strong MS Office with advanced Excel skills
- Experience working in a public or software company is considered an asset
- NetSuite experience is considered an asset
- Experience dealing with internal controls over financial reporting (ICFR) in a public company environment is an asset
You also have an interest in developing your knowledge in finance and advancing your career
We recognize that talent comes in many forms, so we’re looking for passion, enthusiasm, and transferable skills!
What’s it like here?
At Copperleaf, culture is at the very core of who we are and what we do. We are a world-class team of innovators that inspire one another to learn and continually push the limits of what’s possible. We cultivate an atmosphere of openness and support where all opinions and ideas are valued and encouraged, and where teamwork is key to success.
We value a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Founded in Vancouver, Canada, Copperleaf is committed to building a better world, one decision at a time. As one of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies, winner of Canada’s Most Admired Corporate Cultures, and named as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, we are a dynamic and disruptive organization offering exciting opportunities for growth and innovation.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are at the heart of Copperleaf’s culture and play a vital role in our growth strategy. We are committed to ensuring that everyone feels a sense of belonging and can contribute to their maximum potential. Our differences are the reason great things happen here. If you are an applicant in need of accommodations or special assistance throughout the interview process, please submit a request by email to email@example.com.