Working at Atlassian
Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity. Assuming you have eligible working rights and a sufficient time zone overlap with your team, you can choose to work remotely or return to an office as they reopen (unless it’s necessary for your role to be performed in the office). Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
About the Team:
Atlassian is seeking a summer intern to join an awesome Accounting team to help drive Atlassian’s continued success. You will be supporting a diverse team with a mix of industry and operational experience. We empower decision-making at every level, value new insights, and promote open communication.
Do you consider yourself someone who’s driven, adaptable, analytical and execution-focused? If so, read on!
Our interns will provide thought leadership and add value through a wide range of project delivery, operational improvement and management reporting.
The selected intern/s will be given a generous allowance and the opportunity to learn from experts in their corresponding Accounting process.
In this role, you’ll get to:
- Learn about the business and gain hands-on experience using our top-notch Atlassian products
- Work in a fast-paced, high growth and dynamic environment
- Assist in monthly/quarterly worldwide accounting close activities
- Provide support in preparing audit requests for the Company’s external and internal auditors
- Assist with the daily transactional activities of the team as well as on some clean-up tasks
- Collaborate with key leaders across the organization and support them to drive strategic projects
- Engage in continuous process improvement efforts to streamline business processes for efficiency and accuracy
- Participate in driving projects to completion as needed by the accounting operations which includes but not limited to UAT and cross-functional projects
On your first day, we’ll expect you to have:
- Strong desire to execute, drive impact, and demonstrate vitality with projects big and small. Be a problem solver.
- Comfort operating independently in a constantly evolving environment and with multiple teams relying on your work.
- An owner mentality: You take pride in your work and view what you do as a part-owner and builder of Atlassian.
- You love partnering: You understand that organizations are made up of very different parts. You relish influencing others and co-piloting cross-team initiatives.
- Enrolled in a finance or accounting degree program
- Be able to commit to at least 300 hours to the internship program starting June 2022
- Having experience in an accounting system is nice to have